Thursday, July 08, 2010

Sunflowers - In a Splash


Sunflowers - In a Splash
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

I painted this a few months ago as I was working to loosen up prior to painting something else. It so reminded me of sunflowers that I left it rather abstract and kept the splashed affect.

The hot weather has zapped my energy and my late night paintings after work aren't quite doing what I'd like -- but I keep plodding along - practice is practice! LOL

We harvest vegetables for the food bank this morning, and I"m still working through the planning stages for next year's Arboretum events and the mounds of paperwork that seem to settle on my desk.

Stay cool today!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Ooh I love the look and colors -- so free and such a feeling of carefree movement!
So sorry the heat is zapping your energy. I think it's happening all across the country -- the dog days of summer come early. But I'm so glad you shared this earlier painting with us. It's so bright and cheerful.

And you new additions to Zazzle are wonderful. I received an announcement thhis morning and had to go right to Zazzle to look at them. You go girl!! En pointe is incredible.

Stay cool and hydrated.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

I love the splashy,runny look to this!!! Nice!!!

It has been so hot here too. I haven't painted anything for the last few days. The weather is making me lazy!

Teri said...

Splashy and beautiful.

I hear you on the heat. It has been bad in Wis. also.