Saturday, July 10, 2010

Travel Gear


Travel Gear
Originally uploaded by linfrye
I've been asked to show the watercolor supplies I travel with ---

Here you see my case of brushes, pencils, pallet knife, my foldable waterpot, and my 'journal.' I used to have these spiral bound - but I've been going through so many sheets of paper lately, that I haven't have the time to get any bound. Instead, I keep them together with a bulldog clip.

You can see the two different size 'journals' I've been using. The larger are sheets of Arches watercolor 140#CP paper cut into eights. The smaller is a pad of Arches 140#CP paper, 9" x 12" cut in half.

Since my worknight evening painting time is often limited to an hour or a bit more, the smaller size paper is just the right size for daily practice.

1 comment:

Teri said...

I love seeing these supplies. Thanks.