Monday, August 16, 2010

Crab Apples


Crab Apples
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

I'm still playing with styles and methods -- and attempting a blend of loose and realistic. Though these may look like cherries, they are actually crab apples from one of the trees on our property. I've added a few more leaves than our tree currently has as the lack of rain has created an early leaf drop. But the tree is filled with many, many small apples, and they're almost ready for picking. My husband loves crab apple jelly, and if I can get to these before the birds and wildlife, I'll render them into several jars.

I caught some kind of stomach virus this weekend, so I haven't been as productive as I like to be on weekends. I'm feeling better, but sure wish I could have that 'time' back! LOL

School starts today and the college will be jumping ...

Take care and have a great day!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

I love the abstract feel of this and the deep red against the green. I also love the way you have painted the leaves in different shades. A nice mixture of realism and abstraction.

Hope you feel better today and the bug works its way completely out of your system.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

The words 'bright and beautiful' came to my mind when I saw these!! Because they are!!

Joan said...

Wonderful work!!! I like the abstracts and LOVE the one of the vines below!