Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hope


Hope
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
JOurnal Size

There have been so many people I know lately who have been diagosed with diseases that are life-threatening, friends who have fallen into depression or despair or have gone missing from our lives, and still others who have received news that has knocked them off their orbits as they struggle to adjust to the blows life has dealt.

To them, I humbly offer the hope of sunrise.....

and prayers, energy, thoughts and love as we all struggle to right ourselves and see the blessings of another day of life on God's good earth.

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh Lin the sky is incredibly lovely as are the reflections in the water. So much great light in this one! And such a calming, serene scene. I'm sorry to hear about all the sadness which inspired it but you have made a beautiful tribute.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

STUNNING!!!!!!!!!! And so very thoughtful.

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Hello Lin...this is such a stunning statement of hope and beauty. No matter how hard the days or nights might become...there is a new one each morning.
I am so inspired by your beautiful watercolors. I have never done watercolor before...
Lorraine is so lucky to have such a talented artist friend in you. How I wish I could have spent some time at the table with both of you while you were there to visit.
Artful thoughts from Karla's cozy cottage

Joan said...

Lin, This is lovely and so peaceful!!! I love the pieces you have done on masa paper. I wanted to bring some with me to Venice, but did not. I just spent a few days with Robyn Sinclair in her town and we were talking about you. Were your ears ringing? lol I had such a great time with her and her husband. She also was a life saver and turned all my Italy paintings around so I can post them. Ciao