Friday, August 13, 2010

Jockey


Jockey
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Abstract
Cropped from 9" x 12" Arches 140#CP

Here's one of the cropped pieces ... I see a jockey, head bent, scarf (?) blowing in the wind .....

Or is my imagination working overtime?! LOL

Anyway, fun things to dream upon ....

The Plant a Row volunteers worked so hard yesterday! We harvested, tore out spent plants, trimmed, deadheaded, raked, hoed, limed and fertilized the garden beds in preparation for next week's fall vegetable planting. After a couple of hours, we were all soaked with perspiration, and wound up in the a/c sharing a bowl of cold tomato salad -- just the thing to revive us! LOL

Today I must do the same thing with my own garden, and encourage the rain by watering the plants. Still, when I got home last night, I was able to pick a quart of fresh figs -- yummmmmmm!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Ooh, this is cool too. I am amazed at how you pulled this section out and we can still see the horse and jockey. Of course with the World Equestrian Games coming to Lexington in September, I see horses everywhere!! All artists here are trying to get in on the sales. While I am still seeing, and prefer to see cats, I love the colors and the abstracts you've posted today of the horses and jockey.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Your abstracts are always so full of bright happy colors! Love them.

Joan said...

I could have hung these last two on the wall at the Peggy Guggenheim Museum. You do the abstracts so well.