Monday, November 01, 2010

Beach Walk at Sunset


Beach Walk at Sunset
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

The colors of Autumn continue to entice me - but after such a busy weekend, the calm and quiet of the beach seemed to call a bit louder.

I started this small painting last week after work and finished it this weekend. This time of year when the weather turns cooler and the children return to school is my favorite time at the beach .... the crowds are gone, the colors of the ocean, sky, grasses and sand dunes intensify, and the quiet -- oh the quiet - save for the call of gulls - restores one's center.

Four days of intense work this week - then I'll be off for a week of art classes -- yahoo! I try to do this each year - my early Christmas present ... and I'm eager for new ideas and a change of pace.

Hope your week is terrific!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh so serene and I love the soft colors and the soothing nature of the painting. And the people add just the right touch!

Can't wait to see you and take the classes.
Big Hugs,

Joan said...

Wonderful colors in your sunset!!! It is so calming!

Enjoy your day!!

Teri said...

So beautiful. Love the colors and serenity in this painting.

Timaree said...

What a pretty scene. I'd love to be at the beach on an evening like this.