Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Grapes


Grapes
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal Size

I painted these grapes a while back - trying a different color and composition while still using a splash and splatter approach ...

The grapes have been long gone from our vines - but here and there the leavs remain --- today about this color of green/gold/brown ...

I'll be visiting family most of this week, so my computer time will be much curtailed ... and painting too will be squeezed between dinners and family events...

The weather continues to be incredibly mild and sunshiney ...and as Thanksgiving approaches, I'm ever grateful for such a wonderful time to be out of doors.

Preparations begin for the holidays - and with family and friends an emphasis this week, I'll have to find even more time to walk off all that eating! LOL

Take care today!

4 comments:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Beautiful grapes... Flickr giving me fits this morning, so I came here to see my morning Lin inspiration.

Lorraine said...

Ooh, soft and suggestive and beautiful colors. Just what I needed on a rainy day to cheer me up!

Hope you are having a terrific time and still have time to paint!
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Oh wow Lin, this is so beautiful!!!

Joan said...

Great job on the grapes!!! I like the palette you used and the softness of the colors. Enjoy your time in NY! Happy Thanksgiving!!