Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Inspired by My Property Trees

Daily Practice
Journal Size

This is a most simplified landscape created by splashing and splattering and based on the inspiration of the incredible fall colors of the trees I see from my upstairs Oxford window. I omitted the reds as they were few .. but oranges and golds and bits of green tend to predominate. I have to admit that the 'path' appeared on its own ...

Yesterday was a full day of planning -- very productive - but tiring ... still, having our plans on paper helps focus and streamline our efforts.

We're expecting rain for the rest of the week and temps are very fall-ish and cool ...

Hope your day is terrific!

5 comments:

Frank Zweegers said...

Amazing painting. And I love the colours you captured! Great art!

Joan said...

Love the colors and the dramatic shadows. I think our leaves are now past their peak. It is rare to find any intense colors...most have faded.

We had record low temps this morning, but I hope to be able to do someting outside today. It is sunny and a high of 50 is expected. Enjoy the cool temps!

Lorraine said...

Lovely soft colors -- muted like they are here this morning with the drizzle and cool temps. I love the natural path that "appeared" -- adds a sense of mystery to the gorgeous painting.

Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

So soft and beautiful!

Elizabeth said...

I miss this type of fall color - this is so beautiful and quite inspired!