Monday, November 15, 2010

Moody Misty Morn with Sterling Edwards

Quarter Sheet
Arches 140#CP

I just had to have another workshop with Sterling Edwards while he was in town. His fine teaching style, simplification of landscapes, use of brushes and contasting colors are always inspirational ....!

This workshop focused on some of his classic techniques using large, bristle brushes, credit card rocks, mist and always, large shapes and contrasts. FUN! Though I used Winsor Newton paints, I tried to match his colors as closely as I could with the colors on my palette ...

Well, the week of workshops and company is over, and I take Lorraine to the airport this morning and begin catch up at work. It promises to be mighty busy with workshops and pre-Thanksgiving deadlines .... I just hate to see it all end ...seems so soon!

Hope your week is fabulous!

2 comments:

Teri said...

I have his book and love his style also. This one is fabulous Lin!

Joan said...

Lin - Your work from the workshops is wonderful!!! I think my head would be spinning from so many different instructors and different styles. lol

We are on the last leg of our journey back from Wichita. Hopefully we will be home tomorrow afternoon. I tried painting landscapes while my husband was driving. My challenge this month is to do one painting each day without preliminary pencil lines. They would have helped a lot. It is hard to capture much while you're flying along at 65 mph. I'll post what I did when I get home.

Enjoy the rest of your day!