Monday, November 22, 2010

My Neighbors Trees


My Neighbors Trees
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

It's hard to imagine such incredibly beautiful weather in the depths of November --- we went for a walk yesterday with temps in the 70s!!! sunshine and the fading siennas of tree leaves.

As we turned to walk back to the house, I caught a glimpse of my neighbor's line of trees in their deepening shades of golds and browns, snapped a photo, and tried to paint the scene using a wet into wet approach to render the feeling of warmth and yet late season. This is the result.

I'll be off the 'net most of the day, but will catch up as I can tonight ...

Hope your day is bright and beautiful! We're expecting another warm, sunshine-filled day ... what a gift!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh so gorgeous Lin and I well remember those trees. What a terrific rendering of the feeling they evoke and the lovely colors slanting down from them is perfection!!

Yes, another warm day here too. Am not complaining as rain is due tonight!
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Jut beautiful Lin!!