Friday, November 05, 2010

Radishes


Radishes
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal Size

Despite the rain yesterday, we are still harvesting a good amount of produce for the food shelter. Our fall crops are coming in - carrots, radishes, lettuce, kale, spinach, turnip greens and more ... Inspired by these efforts, I painted these radishes ....

My friend Lorraine arrives in a few short hours to spend the next ten days with me as we attend several watercolor workshops. I'm off work for the week to immerse myself in the world of art and friendship -- what a delight! I can't often get to art classes with my work and travel schedule, so having one week set aside each year (this will be the third or fourth year I've done this) is a blessing indeed!

I'll be fairly scarce during this time ... but will try to post some of the things we are learning and share some of the classes ... but you can be sure, I'll be painting everyday!

I hope you have a terrific day ....and a most creative week!

Lin

4 comments:

Joan said...

Awesome color in this!!! Nicely done. Have a great time on your painting holiday. I'm sure you will enjoy the time with your friend and that the artistic support will be infectious. I hope you post a bit of what you are doing. Have fun at the art workshops.

I will be leaving on Tuesday for a drive to Kansas for a memorial service for my husband's cousin. We'll be gone about a week and I'm hoping to be able to paint in the car like you do. lol I will be checking in when possible.

Teri said...

Beautiful radishes! I would sure to be there at the workshops. Looking forward to your works.

Timaree said...

Hope you have a wonderful, learning filled time with your friend.

These radishes are super!

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful colors. Love the complimentary colors and great composition. So ok I have to go to market to buy veggies. Great inspiration. Thank you.