Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Rose Hips


Rose Hips
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal Size

Just as the seasons move forward and change, our own paths as creators and artists tend toward simliar changes and movement.

I've been working on adding a more loose and 'painterly' approach to my paintings -- not to give up the other 'styles' I tend toward - but more to learn another method of expression. I've so admired those individuals who seem to effortlessly paint such waterly, bright watercolors, and for some reason, that 'style' has been eluding me .... but here and there, I've been practicing, and in this work, done quickly yesterday morning, I think I might have found the beginning of how to work in that way. I'm not where I want to go with this - but I've finally moved a bit on the path.

My husband, sisters and I took a leisurely six mile hike yesterday over some of the most glorious wood and marshland. The day was bright, at least when we started, and cool enough so that our brisk walking kept us warm enough without overheating. By the end of the walk, clouds had rolled in and the temperatures had dropped - along with our energy -- but oh, we hadn't done this kind of hiking in years!

Today we prepare for the feast tomorrow ....and already my heart is filled with the joy that being with family members can be ...

I hope your day too is filled with family and joy ...

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

It's lovely Lin. I think you are indeed very well started on the path to a new looser look. It's so soft and flowing -- the colors are muted -- just lovely!

As I drove in the pre-dawn and sunrise morning, ferrying ferals to the vet for neutering, I was first amazed at the alka seltzer moon and then at the yellow, peach, and then backlit glorious deep dark peach of the sky. Oh to be able to capture that kind of light and color!

Glad you are enjoying your time with your family and still having time to treat us to your glorious paintings.

Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

This is so lovely. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Joan said...

Looks like you're close to that looser approach! Nice job on this.

I can't believe you are in my neck of the woods and I'm in Maine for Thanksgiving. Will our paths ever cross? It is very cold and windy up here...much colder than NY. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

cindyzlogic said...

Wow! I think it's wonderful, Lin!! Happy Thanksgiving to you!!