Tuesday, November 02, 2010

View from Pilot Mountain


View from Pilot Mountain
Originally uploaded by linfrye
9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP
Masa Paper

I painted this a few weeks ago after returning from our trip to the mountains. We stopped at an overlook on Pilot Mountain to view the valley below. I painted this view on masa paper to give the painting additional textures.

The week will be cool with rain in the forecast. We've begun working on collecting natural materials to decorate one of the trees in the town's Festival of Trees. We wanted to capture the materials before the cold and rains beat them into nonuse.

Hope your day is grand!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

What a beautiful scene. I love all the texture as well as the colors. The tree is magnificent as well as the rocks and I feel like I am standing right at that lookout from your vantage point. Just gorgeous!

AND, I received your Zazzle calendars yesterday and they are just gorgeous. I can't wait to start using mine and giving them as gifts for everyone else to enjoy all year long. BRAVO!!!

Big hugs -- off to vote.
Lorraine

Joan said...

This gives your paintings such nice texture!!! Beautiful job on this one!!!

I have to give masa another try. I have some sitting in my closet. I'll have to look for some info on using it since it has been years since I tried it.

Just came back from plein air painting with my group. I was bundled up in a turtleneck sweater, a winter coat, ear muffs, and for a while gloves. It was a lot of fun, especially when the sun came out.

Enjoy!

Teri said...

It's beautiful Lin. Love that texture you achieve with masa.