Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oxford Shed in Morning Snow

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

The freezing rain is still falling and many schools are closed. The college opens today at noon, so I'll try to make it in - hopefully all the roads, especially the rural roads I travel before reaching a highway, will be clear once the sun rises later this morning.

My landscape doesn't quite look like this - as ice has replaced the fluff of snow... but the shed is indeed from Oxford as is the basic view.

It's been a dilly of a winter and we still have a few months to go before we can even think of spring. Still, my mailbox runneth over with many luscious gardening catalogues promising gardens of awsome flowers, rich new vegetables and colorful perennials - all mighty tempting! Perusing them is a powerful winter dreamtime activity ...

Stay warm and safe today!

5 comments:

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Oh, this is beautiful. Love the contrast of tones, great job.

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous Lin. I so love your snow paintings. I especially love that old rusty barn roof with the snow on it.

We have several inches of new snow, on top of the old. So glad we went last night to stock up on cat food and litter!!

Travel safely dear friend,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Are you sure you didn't wake up in Wisconsin? lol Sure sounds like it.

A beautiful scene. Love the light behind.

Joan said...

Lovely job on this!!! You captured that icy feeling! Brrrr!

The snowstorm is headed for us. By now for you it is probably clear and you are able to get out. I'm going shopping to stock up on veggies (not cat food like Lorraine) so I can eat something healthy while I'm snowbound tomorrow. Hope you are warm, safe, and dry!! Enjoy!

Sandy said...

Just lovely Lin - I love the fresh canvas He supplies in our neck of the woods - It's heading our way with a foot to two feet possible !! (CT)