Thursday, January 13, 2011

Field of Pink Cosmos


Field of Pink Cosmos
Originally uploaded by linfrye
9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

It's pretty obvious that spring, warmth, and colors are much needed lately! With all the storms and grey skies, ice and challenging weather, the warmer, brighter days of spring and summer are sure neededl!

Roads yesterday were good; parking lots were like ice skating rinks - but with the wild winds and bit of warm up, most ice is now relegated to the deepest woods and shadiest hillsides.

But the deep cold lingers - even in the 'warmest' conference rooms. Most of the attendents yesterday had their coats over their shoulders, despite the warm air we were breathing. The classes went well, and generated some ideas I'll bring back to the Arboretum.

Today is the trade show and candy for our eyes - new plants, flowers, trees and shrubs should be in their displayed glory. YAHOO!

Stay warm today ... will catch up tonight!

5 comments:

Joan said...

Oooooooooh! I love the color in the flowers and the feel of spring to this!!! Thank you! I definitely needed that. The painting from yesterday reminds me of fireworks...only better.

We had about 12 inches of snow...enough for me to stay home and not drive. I did get out for a walk and to take some snow photos. Then I sat at my living room window and did a little painting. Now the piles of snow are everywhere and are so high you can hardly see over them. This will be with us for a while.

Hope you are dry and warm and that sunny feeling keeps you going. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Lin...Love cosmos and pretty soon I can pick armsful...like your painting!
Ronell

Lorraine said...

Ooh lovely colors -- the pinks, blues and greens and the flowers are gorgeous Lin.
I'll be so glad to see real flowers in the spring. Winter is going to be a long one this year I'm afraid. I knew we'd been spoiled for way too long here!

Glad you got to see some "eye candy" at the trade show, even if it wasn't art supplies!!
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Oh, after seeing this I am ready for spring too. Beautiful!!

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Can you bring on warm weather and Spring by painting lovely pictures of Spring flowers? I believe you just might do it... I'm working on a beach scene now... wanting Spring here too :-)