Sunday, January 09, 2011

White Flowers


White Flowers
Originally uploaded by linfrye
1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

Painting yesterday was a struggle -- and I really hate days like that. I decided to try to break the 'impasse' I seemed to be in and so went back to some books that inspire me.

This painting is from a book by Ann Blockley -- I love her style and method of applying paint. I have two of her books, and I just read she'll be releasing a new one and new DVD in June -- Yahoo!

We have company this afternoon and C's jam so it'll be a busy last day of the weekend ... hope you have a great Sunday!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Well looking at your gorgeous flower painting today one would never believe that you had trouble painting yesterday. It's glorious! I especially love the colors, the softness of the flowers in the background and the way the white flowers stand out against the background. Your persistence paid off. So glad you persevered. It's another one to be very proud of.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

You painted a beauty here Lin, and it is a real tribute to the artist that inspired you.

Joan said...

Gorgeous flowers and amazing Tuscan landscape!!! I think you can paint anything! I know sometimes it is a struggle to get exactly what you want, but you work always looks great, and I appreciate you sharing so much of it with us.

We had a dusting of snow yesterday...enough to make things look white and pretty again...but it is cold! Have a wonderful, warm day. Enjoy the music!