Thursday, March 10, 2011

Morning Has Broken

Morning Has Broken by linfrye
Morning Has Broken a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

Journal Size
Arches 140# CP

NOT the sunrise I woke up to this morning -- but the ones I've been seeing over the last few weeks ...

Today morning will merely lighten the grey of storm clouds and rain -- all much appreciated in our dry landscapes. The weather is still mild, and I hope the heavy winds predicted for later today will spare all those delicate blossoms that brighten our roadsides.

Oh -- I mentioned that I have three paintings in a year-long display at the Community College System building - (a collection of artwork from the 58 community colleges across the state). They've put the entire exhibit on a virtual tour -- take a look if you have time:
www.nccommunitycolleges.edu/pr/artexhibit/

The Plant a Row for the Hungry volunteers will be in the greenhouse down - dividing lots of seedlings as we ready for our Plant Sale next month and grow out some of the plants for the beds we've been preparing.

Spring is such a busy time for us - one more grant to finish - and hopefully - a little less intensity to my days...

Hope your day is filled with sunshine!

4 comments:

Joan said...

Wow!!! I think it would make my day to wake up to a glorious sunrise like this!!! Bravo!

Have a "sunny" day!

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Bravo is the perfect word. What a beautiful painting.

Have a great day.

Lorraine said...

A beautiful morning painting to go with one of my favorite pieces of music of the same name! Love those colors and how they work together. And I forgot to say yesterday that I love seeing the larger version on your blog -- no more having to go to Flickr to see it larger.

We are also getting rain but enough already for this area!! Mixed with snow today too. Brrr.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!