Thursday, March 10, 2011

Morning Has Broken

Morning Has Broken by linfrye
Morning Has Broken a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

Journal Size
Arches 140# CP

NOT the sunrise I woke up to this morning -- but the ones I've been seeing over the last few weeks ...

Today morning will merely lighten the grey of storm clouds and rain -- all much appreciated in our dry landscapes. The weather is still mild, and I hope the heavy winds predicted for later today will spare all those delicate blossoms that brighten our roadsides.

Oh -- I mentioned that I have three paintings in a year-long display at the Community College System building - (a collection of artwork from the 58 community colleges across the state). They've put the entire exhibit on a virtual tour -- take a look if you have time:
www.nccommunitycolleges.edu/pr/artexhibit/

The Plant a Row for the Hungry volunteers will be in the greenhouse down - dividing lots of seedlings as we ready for our Plant Sale next month and grow out some of the plants for the beds we've been preparing.

Spring is such a busy time for us - one more grant to finish - and hopefully - a little less intensity to my days...

Hope your day is filled with sunshine!

4 comments:

Joan said...

Wow!!! I think it would make my day to wake up to a glorious sunrise like this!!! Bravo!

Have a "sunny" day!

Joan Sicignano Artist said...

Bravo is the perfect word. What a beautiful painting.

Have a great day.

Lorraine said...

A beautiful morning painting to go with one of my favorite pieces of music of the same name! Love those colors and how they work together. And I forgot to say yesterday that I love seeing the larger version on your blog -- no more having to go to Flickr to see it larger.

We are also getting rain but enough already for this area!! Mixed with snow today too. Brrr.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri C said...

FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!