Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Purple Abstract and Green Abstract

Mini-Art
Arches 140#CP
Matboard

What do you do with the work you're not pleased with? Or portions of a piece that you really love - but the entire painting just doesn't "zing?"

With an outdoor exhibit coming up in April, I know from last year that folks who attend this event are not willing to spend a lot of money on artwork - and yet they're looking for a 'little something' to take home.

I was going through my stacks of 'UGHS' and found wee pieces of each that worked on their own. I decided to cut these into small works - and will float them on matboard, or vice versa, and sell them very inexpensively - some framed, some not. I've added a wee charm to these (remainders from my altered books days) - and will see how they go.

I've kept them very simple so as to keep the focus on the artwork and to give them a feel of 'abstract.' We'll see.

So what do YOU do with your bits? Got any more ideas? I'd love to hear!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Oh I love love love them and the additions of the charms is a great idea too. These will be winners for sure Lin.
And remember -- greeting cards too.
Big hugs and congrats!
Lorraine