Friday, March 25, 2011

Quiet Fall Landscape

Quiet Fall Landscape  by linfrye
Quiet Fall Landscape , a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

More landscape practice - trying to simplify brush strokes and details. This landscape is a bit lighter in tones in real life, but no matter how I scanned, photographed or adjusted it, that gold/yellow really seemed to throw off the colors ...

Our temps have cooled again and we're in for a few days of rain - much, much needed...

Our current landscapes are greening nicely - though the trees have yet to fully leaf out. I found a tulip in bloom in one of my gardens, though ....and the deer have consumed my daffs ...it's an interesting spring ....!

Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

Katiejane said...

So dreamy looking. I think I'll go for a walk!

Timaree said...

It looks like a spring painting on the verge of summer to me! It's very pretty no matter which. Hope you get all that rain. We got enough to water our trees so I am happy but still hoping those storms in California come through with more. It's so much better for the plants than our well water which is slightly too alkaline for them (safe for us, just hard on plants).

annie said...

Very early spring-- as freebird says--looks very like this to me. Such a happy uplift it gives after this winter.
annie

Teri said...

It's so pretty Lin. I always have trouble scanning yellow also.