Monday, March 28, 2011

Snow Again - ?

Snow Again - ? by linfrye
Snow Again - ?, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

I painted this earlier this year - but with temps covering at the freezing mark and snow predicted (a light dusting in my area of North Carolina) it seemed an appropriate painting to post.

Seems so odd to me - spring blossoms for the last three weeks and this week a return to mighty cold temperatures that will probably end the parade of color and flowers we've been experiencing. This has definitely been a strange spring.

It also promises to be a mighty busy week - late night classes, board meeting and dedication of a wonderful work of hypnotic art to the Arboretum as well as preparing for the plant sale in a few weeks.

Stay warm and hope the day is filled with sunshine and joy!

5 comments:

annie said...

I love the mountains with the lights and colors on them. So lovely, Lin.
annie

Timaree said...

Pretty. It makes me think of a Chinese painting.

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous Lin. I love the mountains, especially how they soften in color and tone further back. And oh those green trees -- such a nice background for the bare winter trees. Beautiful all over!!

Sun yesterday melted our snow but it's only going to get to 39 Wed for the high! Brrrrrr.

Have a good week and try to pace yourself.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

Brrr! Great job on the rugged look to the mountains and the colors in this! Strange that we are back to winter temps again and that "s" word! I've only seen a few tiny flowers poking their way out of the earth. I'm ready for spring.

Hope your busy day is sunny and warm.

Teri said...

OMG, this is just GORGEOUS Lin. Add it to my favorite pile along with all the rest.