Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring Abstraction

Spring Abstraction by linfrye
Spring Abstraction, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/8 sheet
Arches 140#CP

Jodi came the other day to paint - but the weather didn't cooperate for us to be able to do any plein air work. We worked at my art tables instead and played with ideas of abstraction. It's been quite a while since I did any of these ...

I used some of the colors of spring - yellows, plums, purples, blues, and we had a quiet few of hours painting these. The negative painting involved in creating shapes is so meditative ... what a relaxing time!

Our weather has turned a bit frosty - and across the border into Virginia, snow fell .. we, too, are expecting a bit of a freeze - that after weeks of temps in the 60s, 70s and 80s! Gracious!

Hope your Sunday is warm and sunshiney!

4 comments:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

More rain for us... but we need it... been without rain for a very long time. It's knocking the pollen down... so that's the best thing about it.

Lorraine said...

Oh you know I just love this more than I can say. Your terrific geometrics full of color and black webbing. The colors in this are gorgeous Lin -- they just feed off each other vying for my attention from one corner to the next and back to the middle. BRAVO.

I drove home from Richmond last night in the driving rain, which after I got home (about 8 p.m.) turned into sleet, then snow which now covers our ground, cars but fortunately not the city streets. And BRRR.

Thank you for a glorious colorful day.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

The photo isn't showing up her but I went over to Flickr to see it there. Gread colors and shapes. Did you do it on masa paper? I like that look.

We are hanving sunshine but cold temps. It is only about 38 degrees now. Hope you day is great!

Timaree said...

I really like this. I think it's good to mix things up a bit now and then.