Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tree Practice

Tree Practice by linfrye
Tree Practice, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/8 sheet
Arches 140#CP

I've been taking a landscape class online with Johannes Vloothius at Wet Canvas .. and this weekend we covered trees ... this is from on of my practices ...

We had frost this morning, a brief snow in Oxford yesterday, warm temps this afternoon, rain tonight and tomorrow -- my gracious, I feel like I'm on a whirlwind of change ...

It'll be a late night tonight as our last lecture class is this evening and we've a full house ...

Stay warm and dry!

6 comments:

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Lin it's wonderful. Tree practice what a great idea. I am going to check out wc, I did sign up last year. You and Joan are so inspired all the time, in turn you inspire me. Thank you for sharing.

Joan

Katiejane said...

I love your tree! Funny, I attended the "Kentucky Crafted the Market" show a couple of weekends ago, and while chatting with one of the watercolor artists there this man was recommended to me as an instructor! Guess I'd better check him out, as I think your tree looks great.

Lorraine said...

What fun -- so loose and free form. I know it's so hard to loosen up after painting details and it looks like you've got it down pat. I'm still hoping one day to be able to view those lessons but for now am settling for buying the disks when I can.

Brr; very cold here too today; 39 is going to be the high and no sun yet.

Big hugs,
Lorraine

Timaree said...

What a nice tree!

Teri said...

Sounds like a great class based on your wonderful tree.

Joan said...

Great job. You showed the solid weight of the tree well. I should check out the class.

Have a great day!