Saturday, April 30, 2011

Barn and Yellow Fields

Barn and Yellow Fields by linfrye
Barn and Yellow Fields, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches140#CP

Ahhhhh..... home. Thank you all for your most kind comments, thoughts and good wishes. It has been a wild, turbulent, insanely busy April with work and weather to match. Thank you for all your generous thoughts and patience.

As I sit at my home computer looking out the window and the rising sun, I am ever so grateful for the safety of my family and home and grateful to finally have the past six weeks completed. We were spared by so much bad weather, had a successful sale despite all the tornadoes, and have had so much outpouring of support and kindnesses ...that having a moment to rest, really rest, brings on the enormity of gratitude and prayers for those less fortunate.

Thank you too for your constant support and daily voting. Quite honestly, the county, school, churches, citizen groups and more are so necessarily involved with the needs of tornado victims that the orchard project has taken an understandably backseat .... and so YOUR votes have meant even more -- again, many many thanks. The voting will continue through August with top winners chosen monthly, so perhaps with slow, daily persistence, we can still win.

The Art and Food festival was fabulous -- truly! There was a lot of interest in my work and while I had no sales at the event, I did sell several other paintings the week before. I met a lot of wonderful artists - and the area chefs who came out and provided samples of their cuisine -- outstanding! By the time we sampled a PORTION of the offerings, we were stuffed - but oh my, do we have some new places to go for dinner! LOL Music was great - and all the friends and supporters there were so uplifting and encouraging. WOW! We got home and by the time we unpacked just the necessary things, it was close to midnight .. a long, long day ... but oh so memorable!

Gratefully, with a friend's help, I think I have found a way around the computer issues at work -- at least my fingers are crossed. With all the storm damage, high winds, bits of flooding, we are finding more and more 'outages' and disruptions throughout the campus. I feel for our IT folks; they have been mighty busy trying to get so much back on line ...

This painting was begun last weekend, and despite it all, finished during this crazy week ... lol. It's one of those marvelous barns we still have around Oxford, and the yellow fields that my dear husband knows how much I love. He found this farm during one of his travels, and came home to carry me there for photographs - knowing that barns, farms and yellow fields just make me smile! What a sweetie.

On my work computer, the painted fields look brighter than they do on my home computer screen - so know that the fields in the painting are a bright yellow/gold ..the color of buttercups and mustards - all dotted with the blossoms of white clover ... MY kind of serenity! LOL

I hope to catch up with everyone this weekend --- I've so missed seeing your works and chatting a bit.

Hope your weekend is terrific - and prayers for those recovering from all the storms.

And thank you again for your vote!

http://www.communitiestakeroot.com/Plant/Index/439?brand=0

2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Beautiful!!! Love the colors and the misty look to the background trees.

You sound exhaused! I hope you have a weekend that recharges you!!!

Lorraine said...

WOW Lin. This is extraordinary. I love it all but my favorite parts are how you lose the edges and that greenery on top of the barn roof. Gorgeous in all respects.

Give Charles a big hug for me for not only noticing this place but also for taking you there to see and photograph it.

Whew. You make me tired just listening to all you've accomplished, especially with all the storm damage and outages.

And a BIG CONGRATULATIONS on selling some of your paintings. I am SO HAPPY for you and so proud for you. I hope you are keeping a photo record of those you sell.

I so enjoy your art on your calendar every day and especially the paintings and cards you've gifted me with. They get a lot of attention from family and friends. You are now reaping some much deserved recognition and success from all your hard work, classes, and practice. BRAVO dear friend.
Big hugs,
Lorraine