Sunday, May 01, 2011

Sunset over Oxford High Grass Fields

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

As we were coming home the other night, the sun was setting and I was struck by the way it lit up this white house and the tops of the tall grasses in the field....I tried to capture that here.
It looks far better in person - on my screen the watercolor almost looks like pastel --LOL

This week, that grass has already been cut - which goes to show you that some of those things that really inspire us can fade so quickly. All those yellow fields I admired -- this week too, have been mowed ....With all that grass cutting going on - we really are moving quickly from spring to summer ...

It took a while for C and I to get going yesterday and the busy weeks have made this weekend a good one to catch up on a bit of rest, but we did manage to put in a few more trees, flowers and tomatoes. It won't be long before we'll be enjoying those juicy red orbs from our own garden ...

Have a super Sunday!

4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

This does look like a pastel. It has a very dreamy quality to it.

Hope the day was great!!

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

It looks beautiful. I have missed so many of your previous post. They are all so wonderful. Where do you find the time to do it all? Amazing and motivating.

Have a great week.
Joan

Lorraine said...

This just takes my breath away. I love the texture and the dreamy feel of it. I don't like working with pastels so it's nice to know I could get a similar look with watercolors (if I ever get back to painting!). Beautiful scene.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Very pastelly-looking and beautiful.
Your hollyhocks and blooms are all so gorgeous!