Tuesday, June 07, 2011

GARDENIA

GARDENIA by linfrye
GARDENIA, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

Each time I walk onto my front porch, the glorious scent of gardenias wafts my way. This fragrant shrub is in full bloom on the side of my home, and its perfume seems to wrap the front property in its sweet scent. Here too at the Arboretum, our gardenia are blooming ... and with the heat indices reaching the high 90s, no rain in sight, these silky, sweet white flowers seem to cool us off simply by their presence.

Our thoughts turn to the folks in Arizona and the horrific wildfires that are ranging there .... may it rain soon!

PLEASE VOTE!
http://www.communitiestakeroot.com/Plant/Index/439?brand=0

2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

I can't see this here for some reason, but can see it on flickr. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!! Just wish I could smell it too.

Lorraine said...

Well I spoke too soon in today's comment. Still no photo today for yesterday?? But I'm sure it's gorgeous.
Hugs,
Lorraine