Thursday, June 02, 2011

Hay Bales and Grasses

Hay Bales and Grasses  by linfrye
Hay Bales and Grasses , a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

It's hay season -- HOR-HAY!!!! We've been snapping photos most of the hot, hot weekend taking in the different fields and bales. There's still a lot of hay standing, so I'm expecting that haying will continue for the next couple of weeks.

We've an appreciation luncheon for our volunteers today -- so I'm dashing to ready for the group.

Stay cool!

And thank you for voting!

PLEASE VOTE!
www.communitiestakeroot.com/Plant/Index/439?brand=0

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

I dub thee Mistress of the Art of Hay Bales!!! These are the best yet and I love love love the tree line and that lone tree in the foreground -- and oh, I love the grasses too. Different colors for you to put together and as usual, with great success!

I went to Georgetown Tues. to meet two long-time friends from our working days and we went to an art gallery near the restaurant. I saw round hay bales -- by KY artists!! Not as good as yours, and done in oil -- how easy compared to watercolor LOL. So you have at least one round bale soul mate.

Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan Tavolott said...

I love it! I can feel the insects fluttering around and the sun warming my skin!!

Thanks for adding the voting link every day...the reminder helps. Have a great day!

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Another beautiful painting. Love the softness and of course the colors. Well done Lin.

Teri said...

Such a beautiful and peaceful scene.