Friday, June 10, 2011

Lavender and Birdbath

Lavender and Birdbath by linfrye
Lavender and Birdbath, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

We are readying for the last outdoor festival of the summer -- the Lavender Festival at Sunshine Lavender Farms. Since the gardens at this farm emphasize lavender, I thought I'd do a few paintings of the farm. This was from a photo I took several years ago - that bright blue birdbath played a central role in this portion of the garden surrounding their home. I understand that more gardens have been added, and I can't wait to see what they are showing!

This festival, held annually, but by invitation only, features some of the BEST creations made with lavender -- and my mouth is drooling already for chocolate lavender ice cream!! There'll be plants for sale, music (Charles will get a chance to sing too!), plants, crafts, animals and more ....It's supposed to be quite hot, but I suppose that means we'll just 'HAVE' to sip on that luscious lavender lemonade ... ah ... the challenges!!! LOL

Hope you have a great day!

PLEASE VOTE!
www.communitiestakeroot.com/Plant/Index/439?brand=0

4 comments:

Katiejane said...

So pretty, and your real flowers in your garden are spectacular!

Joan Tavolott said...

Ooh! If I were a bird I know where I would head!!! Lovely job on this!! Awesome photos of your garden.

A lavender festival sounds great!!!! Have a great time!

Teri said...

I bet the birds love this beautiful painting also.

Lorraine said...

Lovely lavender and a perfect bird bath.
Sounds like a fun day -- yum, lavender tea and ice cream. A great way to stay cool and not feel a bit guilty.
Hope you had a terrific time.

Still hot as all get out here too; heard a rumble of thunder but the promised rain for the past couple days has not arrived.
Big hugs,
Lorraine