Thursday, September 06, 2012

Circles -- After Karlyn Holman

12" x 16" Watercolor

While visiting Doris, we experimented with many of Karlyn Holman's techniques and ideas (see www.karlynholman.com) I've painted many of these types of abstracts before, so it was exciting to share some ideas with Doris.

I wanted to create something with circles -- but after I got through painting all the circles, I felt a bit 'dizzy' .. lol ... so decided to try a 'design within a design' to break up the shapes.

Not only was visiting Doris an incredible, joyous experience, but sharing all that artistic energy really got our creative juices flowing!! Triple treat!!

The weather in Germany was incredibly glorious - cool to me after suffering 90+F temps for months, so I was feeling a bit 'fallish' for this painting.Temps here in North Carolina have been hot, humid and generally stickily unpleasant, but we're supposed to have a cool down next week -- maybe I can feel a bit more fallish again once I stop perspiring! LOL

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Very cool interpretation of one of my favorite "Lin" paintings. I love geometric abstracts and especially yours.

I was showing some of the ones you've "gifted" me with to a fellow painter last weekend and she was blown away by the circles, as I still am!

I saw an art quilt online recently with circles intersecting with circles and it reminded me of your wonderful KH like circle paintings.

Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Love all those bright happy colors!

Parisbreakfasts said...

Exquisite Lin!
Thanks for stopping by PB