Monday, September 17, 2012

Foggy Morning Sunrise - THANK YOU Maurizio

10 1/4" x 14" Watercolor
Arches 140#CP

There are so many signs announcing fall's approach - those later sunrises and earlier sunsets, cooler mornings, the mist and fog that greet me upon awakening, bluer, less hazy skies, bits of yellow and red in the trees and shrubs, golden wildflowers blanketing the roadsides.

It was just such a morning image that seemed to capture that 'early fall feeling' - posted by my dear friend, Maurizio:

www.flickr.com/photos/53359531n04/7944076612/in/photostream

whose work never fails to inspire me. My thanks to him for allowing me to use his photo as this painting's inspiration! Please stop by his flickr stream to enjoy even more incredible works!

Our temperatures continue to offer cool mornings and warmer afternoons, and today and tomorrow, a bit of needed rain. I spent a good amount of time over the weekend closing some of the vegetable beds and collecting flower seeds. I'll do some seed scattering later this month to prepare for next season. Each morning I walk I notice more and more leaf color changes...and it's a pleasure to be outdoors!

Hope your week is wonderful!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Ah and we were just talking about water yesterday. This is lovely Lin -- so serene (which I find in a lot of your paintings) and I can just see it through sleepy eyes looking out a window. I love foggy misty paintings but could never manage them. I love your bit of sunshine peeking through -- just enough to let us know that the fog will burn off and the day become a perfect fall day.

We are expecting rain here too. Someone said up to 5" -- whew. I hope not.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Oh my! this is so gorgeous and leaves such an air of mystery and solitude.

Joan Tavolott said...

Oh, this one just glows!!! Beautiful job, Lin!!

Farfalla Dreams ~ Lisa Marie Farfalla said...

I love AUTUMN!!! Something about the changing of the leaves, the air, and the Holiday's right around the corner. This painting is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing.