Saturday, September 15, 2012

Hibiscus - and a Thank YOU!

Hibiscus - and a Thank YOU! by linfrye
Hibiscus - and a Thank YOU!, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

10 1/4" x 14" Watercolor
Arches 140#CP

I painted this while visiting Doris...both of us drawing inspiration from her beautiful garden and the hibiscus blooming there. I tried for something a bit looser, a bit more splashy, and a bit less 'controlled.' It was so much fun working through experiments with a fellow artist! See Doris' hibiscus here:

I also wanted to take a moment to thank each of you for your incredible support -- and for your vote of confidence for the competition.

I was notified that I won 'The People's Choice' Award for 'The Long Barn" posted yesterday. I was joined at the artist reception by my dear husband and many of my wonderful friends who worked with me at the Arboretum, a fellow artist from Oxford, several friends from different Art Councils, and many talented artists.

From the bottom of my heart - a humble thank you to all of them .. and to you .. for encouraging and supporting me in my watercolor journey. A million blessings.

The weather these days could not be more idyllic - cool, foggy mornings followed by warm, not too hot, days, clear blue skies, fluffy clouds, and the trees and shrubs just losing their color. Here and there I am spotting yellow and even bits of red .. and it won't be long before the color-kaleiscope is it's full glory.

Let's get outside and enjoy this wonderful weather while we have it! Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Love your splashy Hibiscus. That style just speaks to me like no other. And gorgeous colors!!

Oh I am SO excited that you won the People's Choice award for the long barn. I just knew it was special and am so glad that others recognized it too. Lin I am so happy for you. And hug Charles for me as I know he helped you with the matting and framing. BRAVO my dear friend. BRAVO!
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri Casper said...

Congratulations on your win! So well deserved. I am so happy for you!
This paintings is AWESOME!!!

Joan T said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting...and well deserved!!!

This one is lovely...I really like the intensity of the color and those loose edges. Way to go!!