Sunday, September 02, 2012

Montrose Gardens

Montrose Gardens by linfrye
Montrose Gardens, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12" Watercolor
Arches 140#CP

Returning home after a long, long, long airplane ride and a midnight delivery of suitcases and meeting the intense heat, humidity and dense air of North Carolina, drain me even more than the jet-lag I'm feeling this morning. My body (and I have to admit, soul) are still in a wee town outside of Wetzlar, enjoying Dori's company, fresh brotchen, the cool air, the castles, painting hours, chatter, shared ideas and inspirations .... and though I'm grateful to be home and to return to my beloved family, I think I'm a bit homesick for a place I've just begun to know.

So with a mound of catching up to do, three exhibits to get ready for, a garden that has really misbehaved in my absence, children and loved ones to catch up with, I return to the more relaxed atmosphere of a garden I love here in NC - Montrose. I painted this several weeks ago while visiting my mom ... from a photo I took earlier in the spring. I hope to visit the gardens this fall to capture some of those flowering beautings.

I hope you have a great Labor Day weekend. I'll be laboring to catch up!!! LOL

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Beautiful and colorful painting Lin. So happy and vibrant. I love the colors and the bright sunny feel of it.

So glad you are home safe and sound. I know you had a wonderful time and you can savor those memories as you rest up and they will also help you while you catch up -- just don't try to do too much all at once! Yup, you arrived in the waning weather of Issac -- quite a change from the cooler weather you were enjoying.

So good to open your blog and see your painting this morning.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Joan Tavolott said...

I'm ready to walk up that path and up the steps. Nicely done!

It takes the body too long to recover from trips with time changes!! Hope you get the rest you need so you can get ready for the shows. Welcome home!