Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Week of Selfies


A week of Selfies



As part of our assignment for Sketchbook Skool, we had to do a week of selfies -- some from our image in a mirror, some from photographs, some as contour drawings with a single line, and one from imagination.

I have always avoided drawing faces - fearing my lack of sketching ability would offend whomever I was attempting to capture. As myself as subject, this week of learning had me in a world of self-discovery, awareness, appalled at all the wrinkles and sags I found, and hysterics. I don't think I've had such a good laugh in a long time!

My favorite is the one I did from memory -- (large - far right) ... I could easily forget all those age lines!


4 comments:

Lorraine said...

What an interesting thing to do and with so many different methods too! Amazing Lin.

My favorite is the same as yours. This looks like a lot of fun and I think you did a great job -- on all of them -- there are very realistic points on each one -- now you just have to take all those realistic points and put them together on one face and you've got it LOL.

Forget about the wrinkles. They are there because you have laughed so much and made others so happy with that laugh.

Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

These are fun Lin. I don't do selfies for that very same reason,yikes, all those wrinkles!

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh my Lin - these are all fun - but I do like your far right one. I have only did one self sketch years ago - been meaning to give it a try again - afraid though I might find more wrinkles than I had before (LOL) - Have a great week-end.

Joan Tavolott said...

Fun selfies, Lin! I've seen several people publish the sps they have done for skool. Looks like a fun project.