Friday, July 25, 2014

Day 6 - Sketchbook Skool with Cathy Johnson - Nature








I'm continuing my work in Danny Gregory's Sketchbook Skool. This week's lessons are with Kate Johnson -- and we're using sketchbooks to sketch various nature sketches. Though we were asked to try birds, with 5 outdoor cats, I fear putting up a bird feeder - my 5 are very good hunters ...so that means taking photos of birds or observing birds is relegated to those times I visit my neighbors. Instead of a bird, I chose to sketch my 3-legged cat Pepper when he was a kitten. Once an outdoor cat, after his injured leg, he now resides indoors.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh what an adorable sketch and an even more adorable painting of Pepper. There's just something about kittens -- and you've captured that "special look." Terrific painting Lin. My favorite part of nature!!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh Lin - this is a sketch after my own heart. I so love kitties. Bet he is your best buddy now that he is indoors.