Friday, February 06, 2009

A Pink Sunrise Over Oxford


A Pink Sunrise Over Oxford
Originally uploaded by linfrye
I love those early morning sunrises when the landscape is drenched in warm pink and purple. Here's one of them from as viewed from my upstairs window ....

It's so very cold this morning; the cats didn't even come for their breakfast! They're cuddled up tight near the heater in the garage, and I can't blame them. As cold as it's been, it's going to be in the 60s tomorrow ... I feel like we're on a thermal roller-coaster! But I am SO glad for the warmth! And to be home for a few days.

Have a great day today -- stay warm!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh it's gorgeous Lin, just the right amount of light amidst the varied colors in the sky and dark trees. And I'm so glad I clicked on it to go to Flicker and saw the cropped ones. Both are wonderful. I must check there more often. Am I missing a lot of treasueres by now scrolling down???
Hugs,
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Whoops, I meant: Am I missing a lot of treasures by not scrolling down???

Teri said...

BEAUTOUS!!!

Laure Ferlita said...

Hi, Ms. Lin, as usual beautiful work! I wanted to let you know if you'll pop over to my blog there is an Art Blog Award waiting for you! I think you deserve it just on your sheer determination to learn and grow if for no other reason! And there are plenty of other reasons!
Laure

Joan said...

Lin - GORGEOUS sunrise!!! I love the shades of pink & purple!!! What a view!

Bonny said...

I love the colours in the sky!!! Another really beautiful painting.

Another one to add to my favourites... ;)