Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Red Building - Another View of Siena

1/4 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

Siena, Italy is a beautiful city filled with magnificent architecture, busy public squares, churches, shops, and people. I have to admit that my preference though is for smaller towns, a LOT more greenspace and buildings that are no more than several stories high. Still, when I think of Siena, this view is what comes to mind---verticals, stones, arches, towers.

Outside the city gates the countryside ripples over hills and valleys and small mountains with more greens than I can imagine trying to find paint mixes ..... the two sights - the green against all the stone - speaks "Italy" to me ... I land and people I love ....

4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

This is such a different style for you, and it captures the hard edges of all the buildings so well. Nice!

Teri said...

Wow oh wow, this is awesome. Your art has so many dimensions!! Love it.

Lorraine said...

This REALLY speaks to me Lin. I love love love the abstract quality to it and will have to give that method a try. Love the colors as well and the people. All in all -- I just love it!!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Sue Seibert said...

Wow, Lin! Beautiful!