Friday, July 05, 2013

Delphinium

Delphinium by linfrye ..
Delphinium, a photo by linfrye .. on Flickr.



My 'wild' flower garden is exploding with purple coneflowers and Queen Anne's lace -- so I really love how the sweet blues of delphinium dot my garden and surprise me with a bit of cool color. Here and there I find white delphiniums too - and take their seedheads and spread them to the other side of the beds.

Since returning home, I've been plowing my way through this area of the property to wrestle it under a bit of control. Like most parts of the south, we too have had an incredibly rainy spring, and now with the summer heat and abundant moisture, you can only image the happy dance of the weeds!! Plowing my way through the thick undergrowth and finding these hidden sweeties has been a nice 'reward' for all the hard work.

Hope your July 4th was wonderful!

6 comments:

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous Lin. Yes, fitting reward for all your hard work to keep the flowers ahead of the weeds!

The delphinium painting is lovely and I especially like the way you painted the leaves and foliage or it. Love the blue/green colors.

Hugs,
Lorraine

ann @ studiohyde said...

Awesome painting, absolutely lovely ツ

Ann said...

This is gorgeous! I love those blues. We're suffering from too much rain as well, hoping to see the sun soon!

Joan Tavolott said...

Beautiful! I have this love of blue and purple flowers.

We have had sunshine for the past two days but the humidity is high and uncomfortable. I'm glad I have the beach and pool to keep me cool.

Sue Seibert said...

Beautiful, Lin!

judithP said...

Fell in love with your ethereal delphinium, Lin; you make it look so easy~

judith