Monday, April 27, 2015

Pepper



Pepper
9/07 to 4/26/15

It is with extreme sadness that we put Pepper down today.

Apparently he had gotten into a fight with another animal and since he wasn't a lap cat, his gaping holes, infections, went unnoticed since they were under his rear leg. When he became lethargic and could hardly walk, we took him to the vet ... the infection was large and bad .... So grateful that Charles was home and with me.

It's always hard to say goodbye to someone you love, even if that someone is a cat.  Pepper was my shadow, my 'familiar', my companion...

I miss him already.

4 comments:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

So sorry for your loss… we had a cat named Yeti, that was grown when we got him at a shelter. Once lose in our house he never allowed us to touch him, he would leap to the highest bookshelf whenever we entered the room where he was. He lived in our house 10 years, and first time we touched him was to pick him up to bury him… and yet we cried, we missed him in spite of our failure to gain his trust after 10 years. I often wondered what had happened to him in those first 3 years to make him so fearful and distrusting. It is sad to lose a beloved pet, I know that pain too well.

Deb said...

I'm so sorry. A year ago I lost my Yorkie and then my Toy Poodle the next day. I still miss them so much. My own loss gave me great empathy for others who lose a precious pet. Allow yourself to grieve in your own way. Pepper wasn't "just a cat". He was your friend and your buddy. You'll be in my prayers.

annie said...

Oh, Lin, I am all choked up. I am so sorry. A Fur Person is Family, all the way. I know you will miss him daily as you look around in all the old familiar places and expect to see him.

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh Lin - my heart goes out to you. I know all about the missing part. Take care friend and I will be "looking up for you". Hugs!