Thursday, August 22, 2019

Journal - Silver Penny II


Journal - "Silver Penny II" - The motorhome we travel in - The house we built in upstate NC in the middle of 5 acres, we called "Silver Penny." That line is from an old children's poem that goes "You must have a Silver Penny to get into Fairyland." I found one and wore it in my shoe when Charles and I married. Our home was for us, our Silver Penny. Since selling that house and moving to the coast, our motorhome, used to finally travel the states as we once dreamed we would visit, has become our "Silver Penny II." And it has already, brought us to many different 'fairylands.'

3 comments:

Sandi said...

I have never heard of that! I like it. ☺️

annie said...

Oh, Lin, how delightful. I like seeing your Silver Penny II resting against those cool trees. I don't know that poem but it fits your life. I hope to see more sketches and paintings of the fairylands that you visit.

Laura said...

What a beautiful sketch and backstory. Both made my day brighter. Thank you for sharing.