Sunday, January 15, 2006

Another Interior



Continuing my fascination with things interior (hats off to you, Laura), I've added a 'quick sketch' of my bentwood rocker. In the time my husband called me to leave my art table and prepare the table for dinner (don't you just LOVE a man that cooks! and cooks WELL!) and when dinner was actually done, I did a quick sketch of the bentwood rocker I've owned for over 30 years. I added ink and watercolor only to the wooden areas; the seat and back are still in pencil. I love the subtlety of the pencil and maybe I'm finally learning how to use it to its advantage. I have a larger learning curve with ink and watercolor! I've included both sketches to show a bit of the process.

The rocker has followed me all of my adult life. I rocked my children in it, and now, I rock my grands! I've had the seat and back recaned only once in all this time. It sits next to my fireplace with a cozy throw tossed over its arm. I happened to be UNDER the throw when I drew this!

4 comments:

Nita Van Zandt said...

Wow, all those curves and crossing perspectives are a challenge. Nice job!

Unknown said...

I love Bentwood Rockers. Good job Lin.....rockers/chairs can be a lot harder than the wonderful sketches convey...they seem so innocent to draw until you get started....but you did fabulous with it!!!

Terri said...

You did a great job with this Lin. I don't think it would be an easy subject to draw, so you should feel very pleased with yourself. I always wanted a rocker when my kids were little, but we couldn't afford it then, so maybe I should indulge myself now so I can enjoy rocking my grandchildren in it. :o)

Linda said...

Gorgeous job with the bentwood rocker -- I'll bet it was a challenge!