Monday, January 23, 2006

EDM #51 Sketch your TV



This was an especially challenging sketch for me since we watch very little TV and I don't have a TV in my room at the B&B when I'm out of town. I got home from my conference a bit early today so as I caught up on email and a bit of work, I sketched the TV in my workroom. The TV is fairly small, about 19" in diameter. The only programs we watch on it are the news - local and national. We've attached a DVD player to the TV for those rare times either my dh or I is on the computer and the other wants to be in the same room and catch a bit of television.

The news channel I sketched isn't our favorite - but it is the only one on at 10 pm ...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got those darn angles receding into space perfectly! I tried to see what you were watching (nosy me) but the image is too small ;D. Oh, and your antique hutch sketch is lovely, too, Lin.

Anonymous said...

Neat, Lin! And you have the same problem I do, except I get NO reception any more--no antenna, no cable, nada...*G*

Terri said...

I think you did a great job Lin. Good for you for taking on this tricky challenge. I've been avoiding it. :o) But I think you handled it beautifully. As Laura said, those receding angles are not easy. Three cheers!

c u r i o u s w e a v e r said...

Your rendition of the TV is great. I also have been avoiding the drawing..just thinking about it. It struck me how dark! (possibly foreboding) TV's are. You have captured some of this which is perhaps the "emotion" of the TV object??. Great.

Lisa Call said...

Nice job - your perspective gets better each time.

I've yet to do this challenge as I don't have a TV so I have to think of an alternative.

Felicity Grace said...

Lin, sorry I can't reply to your comment on my blog from my e-mail. I just wanted to say a very big thank you for your kind message. It was very much appreciated.

Teri said...

Another great job Lin! Your perspective is so good.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Cute Lin very cute!