Thursday, January 19, 2006

A bit of Outdoors



Today was a beautifully sunny, warm 60 degrees after a few nights of blustery winds and rain. After running errands I decided I really needed a bit of sun and so sat for half an hour by the driveway sketching a youngish Redbud (Cercis canadensis) that is growing along one of the trails my dh and I put in on the side of our property. I sketched in pencil, but wanted the inkiness of pen, so I covered the pencil with my Jimmy Gel Pen and waterbrushed the ink. I added a bit of blue for the gorgeous blue sky we had today. (The blue is light throughout the sky but didn't scan well.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lin! I thought you said you wouldn't be able to sketch and post this week, because you were going to be so busy at work and away from home, but no! You've been SO productive. I like all the areas you're going in, but most of all, I like your enthusiasm, dedication and courage. Draw on!

Unknown said...

Okay, I am truly impressed. You are tired and stressed and not only did you manage to do sketches this week, wonderful ones at that. Lin you are my super hero! Love the tree. We just lost a 30 foot, that must have been 25 years old, from our front yard...I fortunately got a pic before it toppled over. I hoped to do a drawing to post with the pic soon. In the meantime, enjoyed looking at your tree....

Terri said...

I'm amazed at how productive you are Lin. Some days I'm flat out dragging myself from one thing to the next, but you find time to draw so frequently as well!! Amazing. I love the way you do trees. You really have such a delicate touch when it comes to branches and foliage. :o)

Unknown said...

beautiful drawings! Love your artworks!! Very unique and expressive style!

Anonymous said...

I really like your drawings....when I have more time I want to go back and read what you said....right now I'm just looking at pictures. I love the outdoor things! And the herb planters were great in how you portrayed detail with a just a few different pen strokes.--Carol