Friday, January 13, 2006

Fireplace


Laura's challenge to draw interiors and her beautiful sketches inspired me to try an interior myself.

The gas log fireplace in my livingroom sits in the corner, but its heat warms the entire house. A good friend of mine carved the 'face' portion of the fireplace as a wedding gift for my husband and I. He used our wedding invitation and symbol we used of the morning glory. I just LOVE it!

The pink rose glass lamp is an antique my husband bought me one birthday and the blue vase was a wedding gift as well. I didn't realize until I was writing this how filled with symbolism that entire corner has become - warmth, wedding, flowers, remembrances!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lin, I'm so glad you made this drawing! It holds all the warmth of hearth and your happy memories. Thank you for sharing your inspired story.

Terri said...

Lin this is a wonderful part of your home to have recorded now for all time. I hope you put the words together with the image for your family to have one day. What a lovely wedding gift that was and how wonderful that the symbolism of it has the power to create a sense of security, love and personal expression. It's these artisitic individual touches that make a house a home. :o)

Anonymous said...

Lin,
I love this drawing. Very homey...I can just feel the warmth from the fire.
Steph C from EDM

Anonymous said...

Oh this is lovely - I'm struggling with the January Interiors Event (TM Laura) and then I find your lovely illu and feel like if I can put a bit of love into the drawings I might just do a better job!

Jennafer said...

Love the spots of color!

Anonymous said...

Lin, I've just linked to your hearth drawing on today's post in my blog ;D.