Friday, January 13, 2006

Journal Page


I began learning to sketch so I could illuminate my journal pages, and so I've spent a good part of a year sketching and sketching (oh yes, and erasing and erasing!) LOL I've focused so much on this learning challenge that I haven't spent as much time collaging or doing daily 'glue pages', or writing as I did before I took up the pencil.

This morning, with the fog cloaking the woodlands and creating a feeling of restive coziness, I decided to try combining those things I love most on one page - sketching, writing, collaging, gluing in my journal.

I like the result and hope that with continual practice I'll get better at the combo!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, Lin. I like the combination of sketching, photos and journaling. Keep up with your daily sketches, you'll never regret it. :)

Terri said...

I really like the result too Lin. That is a superb (!!!) tree. What a beautiful page you've created. Well done. :o)

pedalpower said...

Beautiful page--aren't you glad you have added sketching to your journaling? I love the fireplace sketch as well--what a special gift that fireplace is!

Anonymous said...

Lin, it's great that you keep balance with all your many interests and talents. Keep it up!

Kathleen Pequignot said...

I like the way you've blended all your creative skills! :)

Teri said...

Lin, I love this journal page! It is so perfect with the sketching, the words and the photo's.

seesue said...

You have been prolific, girl. Love what you've been up to, I must say!