Sunday, January 15, 2006

MY FIRST REQUEST FOR SKETCHED ART!


I know compared to others who sell their art, this is minor potatoes. But for someone who has never drawn before 7 months ago, this small request made my YEAR!

The owner of the B&B I frequent celebrated her 73rd birthday last week. She has watched me work on my sketches since I began this journey and has been super-supportive. During her birthday celebration, she turned to me and told me that of all the birthday gifts she would enjoy, she would love something I sketched!

Well, talk about feeling HONORED! So this weekend, I sketched and lightly watercolored a half dozen cardstock notecards with flowers. I'll add envelopes and tie these up with a ribbon.

I hope she likes them!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Now your second, these are sweet sweet flowers....maybe we can trade sketches or sketch swap whatever you call it!!! I love that you are using the quill pen. How hard is it? Sounds like fun...now to go find some feathers.

Anonymous said...

She'll be DELIGHTED, they're beautiful!

Kate

Teri said...

Oh Lin, I am so excited for you and with you. They are beautiful and how wonderful that she thought enough to ask for these. Anyone for a few tears?

Nelly said...

Well, if she doesn't like them, I'll buy them from you! They're beautiful...and the way you are going to "package" them will make them all the more precious. What an inspiring story of creative/artistic discovery. By the way, you always put a smile on my face when I go to check my blog. Thank you for that!

Julie Oakley said...

They're so lovely and what a wonderful milestone!

Terri said...

These are gorgeous! I love the orchid best I think. I'm sure the lady will be thrilled with these. Gosh you've been productive lately! I'm full of admiration!

Hashi said...

WOOHOO!!!! You go, girl!!

Zaz said...

Lin they are so lovely ............and I believe gifts that we have taken time and trouble over are so much more appreciated !

Good for you ...........why not do some to keep for those occasions when you need a card and the shops are closed!

they are so delightful!

Sara