Thursday, February 09, 2006

EDM # 53 Lips



Mercy, for two little lips, these were tough! I've sketched my lips - closed and then smiling and what I noticed about the closed lips was all the TENSION!! I wrote in my journal "SMILE" -- which I did and then sketched the smile! But I see all those lines around and across the lips and they so remind me of my mother's. And funny, too, how our lips thin as we age ... ever notice that?

For fun, I found a photo of my grandson Nick with his pouty little mouth. I sketched that too -- now to find a similar one of my granddaughter and sketch that too!

6 comments:

Teri said...

WOW Lin, super job!! Those little pouty lips are so childlike! Funny how difficult lips are isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Great job, Lin! Yes, I have noticed how my lips are thinning out... pout and sigh`` Oh well, at least I can still smile!

Shelly McC said...

Great Job, You have inspired me to have a go!

Lisa Ridolfi said...

Lin -- These show good observation, which is not easy to do! Re the thinning of lips, I am working on my own mouth drawings right now and using considerable artistic license LOL!

Linda said...

These are great! And lips thin out as we get older? Oh great. Every single day I learn (either from someone or from personal experience) about something that happens with age that my mother or grandmothers never bothered to tell me about. I guess the lip fat also goes to the dreaded abdominal pooch, right? Of course it does ... of course. Sigh.
:-D

MD said...

Isn't it amazing how difficult those lips are??? Well done you!
MD
PS Just bought a beauty product which claims to "flesh" out one's lips without having to have recourse to botox!!!! :-) Must do a before and after drawing....