Friday, February 24, 2006

Illustration Friday - Tea


It's been ages since I've participated in IF, but 'tea' has been a favorite beverage of mine for years. I remember the first time I was introduced to tea through the books by Pearl Buck. The way she described the Asian Tea Ceremony inspired my experimenting with various brewing methods, tea cups, and recently, flavored teas.

Since my garden is filled with many different kinds of herbs, I've begun sipping more and more herbal tea - and I'm particularly fond of mint tea. For several years, I grew at least 20 varieties of mint, not only for their sensuous scents, but also for their wonderful tea flavorings. I've narrowed my mint patches though (since they have a tendency to run rampant) to peppermint, spearmint, chocolate mint and one or two small remaining patches of orange mint.

However, for this challenge, I picked one of my favorite purchased flavored teas - apricot/peach and sketched the tin. I redid and redid the perspective ... and though it's still a bit off, it's closer than when I began! I'm learning that there are just some things that HAVE to be measured!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Oh Lin, it is so good to see you here again! Love your sketch!

Bearuh said...

Hey nice perspective!