Saturday, February 11, 2006

Remains of the Day


Last night we stopped by for a quick visit as my son and daughter-in-law were moving boxes into their new home. It was the first look at their new home and we were as excited as they with a home they can call 'their own.' We picked up their babes from the sitter and headed home for dinner, playtime, stories, baths. How two children under 2 feet tall can wear one out is simply AMAZING! When they finally fell asleep and the house was silent save for the Olympic ceremonies, I found their shoes in the kitchen and just HAD to sketch them! Such wee things!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lin, you are a drawing machine! Look at all you've done lately! I'm going to go back and look carefully at your entries. Right now, my legs are sore from skiing and my lips are cold :D. Good work, though!And thanks for your nice commments, as always!

Dawn said...

Love the shoe drawings. I must remember to sketch my grandgirl's Dora shoes. She won't be wearing them for much longer.

As for little ones wearing you out, we only have the one and she wears this granny out. We took her to church with us. She was good as gold, but my arms ached like I'd been doing Olympic weight lifting.

Terri said...

Oh you did a fabulous job with these wee little shoes. :o) I can't wait to find little shoes like this around my place. :o)

Nelly said...

Lin, I knew I could count on you to help chase away the homesick blues! This entry is so endearing (and the drawings are very well done). How lucky those "wee ones" are to have you as a Grandma!

Rayna said...

Lin, the shoes are great - and I have been dilatory in the drawing department but it always a pleasure to see yours! Re: snow - yes, it is glorious if you don't have to go out till it is all gone.
Fat chance. Gimme warm weather any time!!

u l a n said...

great journal spread :) there's something sweet about teeny tiny shoes. :)

pedalpower said...

What a wonderful page....those little shoes are a great way to remember their "littleness"