Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Breath of Spring


Breath of Spring
Originally uploaded by linfrye.
It's January, but you'd never know it by the 60F degree weather we've been enjoying.

I've returned to work and the B&B -- and Rebecca's bouquets. In honor of the warm weather and early blooming plants, she's placed sprigs of Sweet Breath of Spring between the green leaves and red berries of Nandina.

This sketch took far longer than I expected since Rebecca and I spent most of the time chatting and catching up from the holidays!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lin, this is breath-taking! I love it.

Teri said...

HOLY MOLEY Lin, what an awesome painting!! You have captured hat vase with the design so perfectly! WOW!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bouquet Lin - you're off to a great start this year!

Anonymous said...

Lin, this is a very nice painting, I like it! You did it very well!

Anonymous said...

oh this is delightful!!! very pretty Lin!!

Tami said...

Oh My Gosh, Lin! This is PERFECT! You glass looks sooo transparent! The cuts in the glass are excellent! GREAT JOB!!!

Anonymous said...

This is going to sound silly. . . but I like the little black lines on the bottom of the berries. I like the loose style with a touch of detail and those black bits of line just "do it" for me!

Anonymous said...

Lin -- wonderful painting! And using the Nandina berries for a winter arrangement is a great idea.

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to see the available larger size--I just had to see that vase close up. It's amazing!!!! Absolutely perfectly drawn and painted. The flowers are nice too but the vase is what really got me on this one!