Monday, January 01, 2007
EDM 99 2007 Art Goals
I started to review my sketches from when I began sketching 1 1/2 years ago - and am amazed to see such differences! and also amazed at what hasn't changed! But in doing so, there are some accomplishments I have made:
* I sketched every day -- no matter what
* I completed all the EDM challenges
* I've begun to loosen up a bit
* My lines are surer
* My perspective has improved
* I've taken a sketch class and a watercolor class from Kate Johnson and learned quite a bit
* I attended "Art in the Carolinas" and took a class from Karlyn Holman which helped me attempt more 'wet-in-wet' methods
* I've encouraged my fellow artists in their work, and have been exceedingly rewarded by their friendship and support
* I've met the most wonderful group of inspirational and generous folks.
In 2006 I set a few modest goals:
* Sketch more and write more on the same page!
* Learn to make my sketches more relaxed, loose and joy-filled instead of stiffly perfection-seeking
* Sketch more of nature
* Sketch more quickly
AND PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!
In 2007 my goals continue to be modest - but I believe attainable with my intense work schedule and grandchildren and family:
* Sketch/paint daily
* Practice more faces and figures
* Sketch more scenes from daily life
* Sketch the everyday - recognizing the extraordinariness of life
* Work through the many art books on my sheleves
* Practice more values and perspective
* LOOSEN UP!!
* Increase my economy of line and sketching speed
* Use richer colors - but keep them transparent
* Sketch more things of meaning
* Increase my journal entries - especially more writing
* Improve page compositions
and as always:
PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE!
May 2007 be blessed, joyous, abundant and creative for all of us. And a humble, heartfelt thank YOU for your encouragement. It truly helps me pick up my pencil and continue the journey.
Thank YOU for sharing your life with me -- and allowing me to share mine with you.
A MOST HAPPY 2007!