Thursday, January 04, 2007

Raisins


Raisins
Originally uploaded by linfrye.
I was hungry for something sweet after all the holiday cookies, so I went to the local coffee shop for a couple of biscotti. I bought myself two -- one to eat and one to sketch. When I got back to my desk, though, I began to feel guilty so I decided to eat these raisins while I sketched the box, leaving the biscotti to sketch today.

But then,

The biscotti just seemed to CALL ME, and well, there won't be a sketch of it --- because I just HAD to eat it!

Mercy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your sketch of the raisin box.

And, yum, I would love to eat a biscotti right now!!

Anonymous said...

You made the right choice ;D. Raisins are MUCH more important as a subject for drawing, so you had to eat the biscotti! Lovely sketch!

Teri said...

Great sketch of the raisin box and the biscotti is left to our imagination...you are so funny!

Anonymous said...

Lin,
Love those raisins. How did you get them to look so real and delicious?

Anonymous said...

LOL! Wonderful job on this box of raisins - and truly, it was more of a drawing challenge than a biscotti anyway!

Rissa said...

Evil biscotti...luring you like that with its siren song. LOL But I like the box.

Anonymous said...

:-D WHO can resist a good biscotti? I can't!

Anonymous said...

The drawing is wonderful--very victorian looking to me. I could so relate to the story about the biscotti. The last time I saved one for later my cat stole it and ate most of it!

Terri said...

Ha! That's hilarious. I'm surprised it lasted that long. LOL. It wouldn't have lasted at all here - no chance. :o)

Anonymous said...

well done. glad you enjoyed those TWO biscotti!